Why Join Apga?
Why/How To Become A Member
The Alaska Peony Growers Association harnesses the tremendous potential of the private enterprise system and enables its members to accomplish collectively what we can not do as individuals.
Some of the many benefits of joining APGA include (benefits vary for different membership levels):
- Being a part of a new agricultural industry in Alaska – which is the only summer source for peonies in the world.
- Representation via mail and website inquiries to people wanting to become involved or wishing to purchase Peonies.
- Notification to members on events and important business issues that may affect them.
- Listing on the APGA web site apga.tundratechnologies.com with the option of a link to your web site.
- Access to “Members Only” area of website- Community Network and Research pages, rootstock growers, funding opportunities, member roster, research studies, BOD minutes, Blog, archived conference presentation, and misc supplies.
- Networking and Marketing through APGA events, newsletter inserts, membership mailings, website advertising and event sponsorship
- Working on committees to address issues important to your growth.
- Participate in studies and grant research.
- Winter Conference with face to face peer group networking and peony-related events and activities, such as; informative talks and discussions by well known speakers in the industry, farm tours, exhibits and vendor booths.
Now on the APGA Website~
APGA Community Network Page- Join us in our internet discussion forum, ask your questions to the general membership and get feedback
Peony Research Page- A wealth of peony reseach information
How does it work?
The APGA’s membership is made up by three tiers, suiting the needs of the individual member. Upon becoming or renewing, you will receive a packet tailored to your membership level.
Commercial Grower membership- Commercial grower memberships are for farms that have 500 or more peony rootstock planted in Alaska for commercial production. The primary purpose of the farm must be the production of an agricultural and/or horticultural commodity. The farm must have a State of Alaska business license with the NAICS Code of 111422. They are entitled to receive emails, access the “Members Only” area of the APGA web site which includes the Community Network and Research pages, cast a single vote, discounted FEDEX shipping, discount on Winter Conference Registration fees and host a “Farm page” on the website. Currently all commercial grower members are eligible to run for election to the APGA Board of Directors. $100/yr. Buy online
Associate membership- Associate memberships are for individuals interested in the commercial peony industry in Alaska but who either do not qualify as a commercial grower/farm or do not want to join as a commercial grower/farm. Associate members are entitled to receive emails, discounted Winter Conference Registration fees and access the “Members Only” area of the APGA web site which includes the Community Network and Research pages. Associate members do not have voting rights. $100/yr. Buy online
Supporter/Organization- A Supporter/Organization memberships are for individuals, private organizations, companies, Cooperatives, Packhouses, government agencies, etc. wishing to support the Alaska peony industry. Supporters/Organizations do not have voting rights. Supporters/Organizations do not have access to the Member web page. $100/yr. Buy online
Dues are paid based on the calendar year. Dues renewal emails go out the last quarter of the year and payment is due by January 15th of the following year.
Associate memberships are for one or two persons at the same address. Commercial memberships are based on one business/one vote for one or two persons at the same address.
Newsletter - Commercial and Associate Members receive email notification when a PDF printable newsletter is available on the APGA website. The newsletter is a great way to keep you informed and in touch with your membership. The newsletter shares events, educational/research opportunities, and whats going on in the market trends.